Friday, July 22, 2011

one year ago today...

  I spend a lot of time sorting through pictures on my laptop...they get stored in a really odd way....day, month, year, which makes it hard to find things sometimes...but with 3 years of photos to go through,  lately I've been having fun with this. Looking at this day, last year, the year before...where was I in the world, what was I thinking of?
It's like my whole life is encapsulated in these photo files....so here's where I was a year ago today...
 A few days  at the cottage...in Quebec....

...working late, late one night and watching television while I worked.....this painting was in the background of a scene in a show I was watching. I loved the flow of colours, and the dark and light spaces...not the best of photos- sorry...but enough to remind me for future inspiration. I have a collection of photos taken from movies and tv like this.  And the next morning...
...my teenager enjoying a quiet moment on the front porch, catching monarch butterflies on his toes! Lovely!
   ...my boys handpainting on cotton batiste to be used in nuno felting a quilt for Granny! This may be an article some day- what  a great project!
...and me, later in the day, starting to wet out the felt blanket....
...and a display installation I made for my friend Carol's fibre arts store, Wabi-Sabi, in Ottawa....We were trying to find a fun way to display wool rovings....colourfully while keeping them apart so the fibres wouldn't blend. I love the way the colours are highlighted...Very fun....
Wow..was all this only a year ago?  It seems like so much longer...

...and now back to the present...and the studio renovations!
warm wishes,
Fiona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment